Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

an awesome note by saurav sir i copy it becaause i really like

It’s a fine Monday morning and I am sitting here on the fourth bench, forced to be an audience to a cryptic monotone, when I realize that it won’t be long before college and I will have to part ways. 40 days more. I count and recount and well yes. Only 40 days more. How will things change? Will I change? Will they? Life seems too good now to make change sound despairing.
For starters, we wont be Bachelors any more. A teenager will have to die for the adult to take birth. Life will be anything but careless. Industry jargons will replace vernacular swearings. Idle night-outs will give way to pressing deadlines from the boss. There will not be any, “Yaar 50 rupaye de naa” and you won’t wake up to 200 familiar faces. Toothpaste will seize to be a prized possession and bathing will find a place in the daily routine. What will we crib about, if there is no ‘bad mess food’ . What will I do if my bosses reprimand me when I wish to GPL a promoted colleague? 9:30 PM will lose its value as girls won’t have any block timings to adhere to. Who will I fight with over restaurant bills? Will anyone still reason – Rs 60 for a plate of Paneer Makhanwalla makes it 12 rupees per piece of paneer? Money saving seems sweeter when it’s a 100 Rupee note secretly stashed away in the deeper crevices of my wallet than thousands in my Provident Fund.
The magnanimity of things will overshadow the smaller details we have always cared about. Rationality will cloak every crazy idea that crosses our minds. I fear reasoning. I fear being pragmatic. I fear this change. Maybe I am being too critical and melancholic, but maybe this is how things will be.

Wish I could just flip the calendar back to August 2007. Wish I could have you for ever.
I met you as an adolescent. You were kind, treating me to trips and jobs. You were harsh,even made me cry when I did behave like an idiot; You introduced me to some of the most wonderful people, gave memories worth reverence and lessons I can never forget. And now we part. And when we do so, I part as an adult.
Couldn't have asked for a better. Last 4 years were a pleasure.
2011 has its benchmarks set too high.
And somewhere down there my gut says, its not gonna disappoint.
You made me 22 \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment